|Hugh Talbot Broome Salmon
|Hugh Talbot Broome Salmon came from an established military family, many of whom served in the Indian Army. He was the fourth child of Captain Lionel Mordaunt Broome Salmon and Henrietta Elizabeth Salmon (nï¿½e Keays-Young).
His siblings were and are:
1. Major David Edward Broome Salmon (d. serving with The Welch Regiment 05/08/1957);
2. Brigadier Henry Lionel Broome Salmon OBE (d. 11/08/2016);
3. Gerald Mordaunt Broome Salmon OBE (d. 16/04/2002);
4. Henrietta Margaret Pittendrigh;
5. Alec George Broome Salmon MC (d. 26/08/2016).
In dedication to the memory of Hugh Salmon, his parents donated a playing field to the village of Chart Sutton. This deed is recognised above the entrance to the Clubhouse. Hugh Salmon, and his loss with HMS Barham, is marked on a stone in the family graveyard plot in south-east corner of Chart Sutton Church.